martedì 23 ottobre 2007

Welcome to my blog!


'Soul kitchen' - photo by inquirer

Hi everyone!

I’m Giovanna and I study languages at the University of Padua. I chose a picture to introduce myself, and it is entitled ‘Soul kitchen’. Even though the picture is black-and-white, it shows a genuine and warm atmosphere. The reason why it drew my eye is that it represents a place which is very important for me: my home. Here I spend a lot of time when I’m not at the university or I’m not going out with my friends and my boyfriend. The room that I like the most is the kitchen because it is the place where I can stay with my family. In particular, I love being at table with them and with my boyfriend, and talking about everyday life and its problems. Moreover, I chose this image because I love eating! In the picture there are also some objects representing my tastes: a teapot and an espresso machine. As you can understand, I love tea, especially with apple, and I also love coffee. However, what is important for me is not only to drink a tea or an espresso, but to share some nice moments with the people I love, and drink something together.
...What else? I love taking care of my pets...they are very important to me! I have two wonderful cats, Bana (Eric Banadovic) and Coci, and a faithful dog, Lola.
As you can see, I have many interests...I love spending time with my family, boyfriend, friends, and also with my pets! When I'm alone I love listening to music (especially rock, folk and indie), because it makes me feel good...If you want to listen to one of my favourite songs, click here.

I hope you'll enjoy visiting my blog!

Giovanna





4 commenti:

Fred ha detto...

Hey, Giovanna! Nice blog and really nice post!
I like the way you write in English…you seem to be very sure about your knowledge and your vocabulary is not too easy. Maybe I will learn new words from your posts.
I love the picture you chose to introduce yourself. I love black & white pictures because they focus on the subject or on the situation and leave more space to your personal interpretations. I totally agree with you: the kitchen is one of the warmest rooms in a house, in terms of relationships. I love sitting and eating together with people, because in this kind of context people tend to communicate a lot (if the tv is off, of course!!), more than on the street or in a classroom. I always try to talk to my friends in front of a cup of coffee or something to eat…it seems like everything tend to be more relaxed and easy.
I noticed that you’re quite familiar with blogs. You put your picture, links and other nice stuff, which makes your virtual place more personal and lively.
You have many interesting hobbies but let me ask you one question: do you drink tea with apples? I knew that in England they put a little bit of milk in their milk, but I have never heard of apple tea. I hope to discover what it is and maybe taste it soon, so we’ll discuss about it!
Thank you for your posts and comments: they’re always nice and polite.
See you,
Federico.

Giovanna S. ha detto...

Thank you very much for your comment...it made me satisfied with my work and my English!!
I must admit I'm quite familiar with blogs, but I still have doubts and problems like the other students... For example, last week I learnt how to put lists of links in my blog because I didn't know how to do it!
What about tea with apple?...Maybe I made a mistake when I wrote my introduction! I meant 'apple tea' and not 'tea with a slice of apple'!!Sorry about that!
;-)

Eva ha detto...

HI Giovanna!

I'm new to your group and I wanted to say hello to you!
I like your blog because it is very well organized and because it has many links. You've done a good job! There is maybe only one thing that I find distracting i.e. the way you highlight words in your posts. I think it's better to choose one or two colors and use them all the time. Red words on a green background for example are really hard to read, because these are two very contrasting colors.
I also like the description of yourself. I also feel that my boyfriend, friends, family are the most important things in my life and they deserve as much attention as possible.
Ok, I have to carry on with reading other posts, so ... See you soon!

Giovanna S. ha detto...

Dear Eva,

thank you so much for your comment. I like sincere people. I'll try to use only one or tho colours, and I'll avoid using red. ;-)
I'm also glad you like my introduction!

See you!

Giovanna